What is the Face Contour Treatment?
This treatment focuses on turning the fat cells into liquid which can then be naturally drained by the body’s own natural filtration system.
Radiofrequency (RF) energy is a new and promising technology for non-surgical tightening of the early signs of loose or sagging skin. RF procedure is primarily used to treat skin laxity by tightening and is best suited to patients with mild to moderate sagging of facial tissues, usually those in their mid-thirties to fifties, with any skin colour. RF is best used in conjunction with ultrasound cavitation to aid in further fat breakdown and also to tighten the skin in the same area the cavitation treatment has taken place.
This is a non-invasive, painless and relaxing procedure.
How to Prepare for your Treatment
Drink at least 2 liters of water before your treatment (soft drink, soda, juice or tea is not water).
- You should not have a heavy meal 1 hours before the treatment.
- Do not drink ANY alcohol on the day of treatment and limit intake 2 days post treatment
Your Treatment Day
- Please do not have make up on
- Please do not use any active skincare 2 days before the treatment
- Please avoid direct sunlight and use SPF – When you have undergone a radio frequency and fat cavitation treatment, your skin was already exposed to a high amount of heat which causes burning sensations. Sunbathing or prolonged exposure to sunlight could add further irritation or even damage your treated skin. Bonus tip: Stay fashionable while at the same time protecting your skin from sun rays by wearing different kinds of hats
- Avoid alcohol – your liver is involved in the process and it removes fat cells from your body.
- Avoid touching the treated area
- Have a healthy diet and exercise
- Avoid warm/hot temperature environments such as sunbeds, steam rooms, saunas or hot tubs for 24 hours after treatment. You can however, bath or take a shower in luke warm water in the evening following your treatment.
- You must drink at least 2 litres of water every day. This aids the ‘Flushing Out’ process of via your lymphatic system.
When Do I Expect to See Results?
Following the procedure, you may start to see changes . More significant results will be experienced after the second and third treatment. Please note that individual results do vary depending on individual, skin and various other factors.
How Do I Maximize my Treatment Results?
Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help prevent weight gain. If you are eating more calories than you are burning off through normal activity and exercise, the extra calories will be stored as fat in other locations in your body. This is the perfect time to evaluate your eating and exercise habits and to make changes if merited to optimize your result.