HIFU (Face and BODy)
HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) uses ultrasound waves to create a wound at a dermal level without affecting the top few layers of skin. This advanced treatment works to lift, tighten, and take years off the complexion, all without invasive surgery.
HIFU is a breakthrough, non-invasive procedure with no downtime for lifting and tightening sagging skin of the brows, cheeks, lower face (jowls), jawline, and neck. It uses ultrasound waves to create a wound at a dermal level without affecting the top few layers of skin. It is the only treatment in the market that reaches the SMAS layer (muscle).
HIFU works to tighten the same muscles that are tightened during an actual facelift. HIFU increases skin elasticity, reduces sagging, and smooths skin texture. There is an initial skin tightening that offers an immediate refreshed look with firmer and lifted skin texture. Once the collagen induction process has commenced (around 4-6 weeks after treatment), you’ll notice a remarkable improvement in facial contouring, and visible reduction in fine lines and wrinkles will become evident. Results continue to improve for up to 6 months as your skin cells repair and regenerate.
SIDE EFFECTs OF HIFU
Possible Side Effects: Patients may experience certain side effects following treatment, including pain, skin discoloration, swelling, nerve inflammation or pain, bruising, redness, numbness, hyperpigmentation, and tingling sensations. Some individuals might also experience minor discomfort during or after treatments, with tingling persisting for several days to a week post-treatment. In rare cases, burns may occur.
Should you encounter any severe complications, please reach out to the clinic at 0421978805 or via email at [email protected].
Please be aware that this email address may not be monitored between 6 pm and 7 am. If concerns arise during these hours or if there’s a high level of distress after hours, we recommend seeking immediate assistance at your nearest emergency department or contacting emergency services at 000.
1. Avoid sun exposure and sunless tanning before treatment as sunburned or newly tanned skin won’t be treated.
2. Stop using skin irritants (like glycolic/salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products such as Retin A, Tazorac, Triluma, Differin, and Vitamin C) on the treated area at least a week prior.
3. Notify staff if taking antibiotics, especially Tetracycline or Doxycycline, as they may cause photosensitivity, potentially delaying treatment for two weeks after completion.
4. Increase water intake to 2L per day.
5. Refrain from injectables around treatment areas for 4 weeks prior.
6. Avoid facial peels or microdermabrasion for 4 and 2 weeks, respectively, before treatment.
7. Steer clear of recent laser treatments or excessive sun exposure 48 hours before, particularly sunburnt skin.
8. Skip skincare with active ingredients (e.g., Vitamin A, Vitamin C, AHAs, and BHAs) 3-5 days prior to treatment.
9. Note that HIFU isn’t suitable during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
10. Inform us about dental implants or metal plates in the treatment area beforehand.
11. If using acne medication like Roaccutane, treatment isn’t possible due to the risk of burning.
12. Treatment isn’t feasible if there are open sores, infections, acne, or skin sensitivity in the area or if threads were used in the last 6 months.
13. Shave the skin to be treated before the session.
14. Alert staff if there’s a history of cold sores/fever blisters before treatment. Active cold sores or skin infections will lead to rescheduling.
15. Arrive 10 minutes early for first-time treatments for consent and photo procedures.
16. Refrain from wearing makeup or moisturizers on the treated area. We provide suitable cleansers for in-office use.”
These guidelines help ensure a safe and effective HIFU treatment experience.
POST Treatment Preparation
Sensations: Expect warmth and possible flushing, redness, tingling, tightness, soreness, or numbness in the treated area, which are common after the procedure.
Avoid waxing the treated area for 3-5 days and refrain from laser treatments for 2 weeks.
Skip exfoliation for 2-3 days and hold off on strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
Post-treatment, avoid skincare with active ingredients (like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, AHAs, and BHAs) for 3-5 days.
Steer clear of hot tubs, baths, saunas, or steam rooms for 24 hours and prevent sunburn during the 2-week healing process.
Soothe hot or sensitive skin with aloe vera or cold compresses.
Protect the skin with broad-spectrum SPF 50 and avoid excessive UV exposure for 2 weeks.
Stay hydrated with a daily intake of 3L of water.
In case of a blister, apply a topical antibiotic ointment like polysporin twice daily until healed.
Expect normal redness, swelling, tenderness, and tingling for up to a week post-procedure, resolving as part of the healing process.
Minor bruising, welts, or numbness are common and typically resolve within days to weeks.
Over the next 120+ days, notice ongoing improvements in cellular regeneration, lifting, and toning of the skin.
Hygiene: Wash hands thoroughly before touching treated areas. Use a non-exfoliating cleanser and light moisturizer on the day of treatment.
Resume all skin irritants and active ingredients (glycolic/salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products, or vitamin C) after 3 days post-treatment.
Resume anti wrinkle, chemical peels, and dermal fillers 1-3 weeks post-treatment.
Nerve Inflammation: Temporary local muscle weakness or skin numbness may occur due to nerve inflammation post-treatment, resolving within days to weeks.
Edema (Swelling): Elevate your head, apply ice for 20 minutes if swelling is significant, and gently wash your face and body with warm water for a couple of weeks post-treatment.”
FAT CAVITATION & RADIO FREQUENCY SKIN TIGHTENING
Fat cavitation transforms fat cells into a liquid state, facilitating their natural elimination by the body’s filtration system.
Using a cavitation handpiece, low-level ultrasonic waves create compression-expansion impulses, forming high-speed cycles. This process generates countless microcavities or micro-bubbles that gradually expand. As these microbubbles collide and implode, they generate shock waves, aiding in the breakdown and removal of fat tissues. The body then naturally expels this liquid through the lymphatic and urinary systems.
Radiofrequency (RF) energy presents a promising non-surgical solution for early signs of loose or sagging skin. Primarily targeting mild to moderate skin laxity in individuals from their mid-thirties to fifties, RF complements ultrasound cavitation by aiding in fat breakdown and skin tightening in the same treated area.
Sessions typically last 25-40 minutes, focusing on specific body parts, with recommended sessions ranging between 6 to 10 for optimal results.
This procedure is non-invasive, painless, and induces relaxation.
Who May Not Be Suitable for This Treatment?
This treatment is not recommended for individuals with:
- Pacemakers or heart conditions
- Conditions such as Lupus or Herpes exacerbated by heat, or Diabetes leading to skin desensitization
- Compromised immune systems, as treatment effectiveness relies on the body’s healing capacity
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- History of malignancies
- Coagulation disorders or those taking blood-clotting-affecting medications
- Serious medical conditions like osteoporosis
Short-term side effects are common, including bruising, pain, loose skin, and skin irregularities post-treatment. Some individuals might experience temporary skin sensitivity, mild bruising, fluid accumulation, or blisters in the treated area. Other potential side effects include mild erythema (skin rash from inflamed blood capillaries), swelling, fatigue, headaches, flu-like symptoms, burns, and discomfort.
If you encounter severe complications as mentioned above, please contact the clinic at 0421978805 or via email at [email protected].
Note: This email may not be monitored from 9 pm to 7 am. In case of concerns during these hours or heightened concerns afterward, seek assistance at the nearest emergency department or call 000.
To prepare for your treatment, consider the following guidelines:
- Hydration: Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water before your session.
- Diet: Avoid heavy meals and reduce intake of alcohol, fatty foods, caffeine, and toxins like tobacco.
- Skincare: Refrain from active skincare products 2 days before treatment.
- Lifestyle: Maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle with increased fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Avoidance: Refrain from laser hair removal, non-surgical body contouring treatments, excessive sun exposure, and ensure the skin is healed before treatment if red, irritated, or broken.
- Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: Treatment is not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding individuals.
- Medication: Inform us about any blood-thinning or photosensitive medication.
- Sun Protection: Avoid direct sunlight and use SPF to protect your skin from potential irritation or damage.
- Alcohol Intake: Avoid alcohol for 3 days post-treatment, as the liver is involved in fat cell removal.
- Touching Treated Area: Refrain from touching the treated area, especially if swollen or tender.
- Diet and Exercise: Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine.
- Temperature: Avoid hot environments (sunbeds, steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs) for 24 hours post-treatment; opt for lukewarm baths or showers instead.
- Hydration: Drink at least 2 litres of water daily to aid the flushing-out process through your lymphatic system.
- Expected Effects: Expect flushed, red, and tingling sensations in the treated area.
- Avoidance: Refrain from consuming fatty foods for 4 hours after treatment and avoid waxing or laser treatments on the treated area for specific durations.”
These guidelines help maximize the benefits of your treatment and ensure proper aftercare for optimal results.
Fat Cryolipolysis, also known as cryo or fat freezing, is a non-surgical fat reduction procedure that employs controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat resistant to conventional diet and exercise. This procedure requires no anesthesia or pain medication and involves no downtime, allowing you to resume normal activities immediately. Results gradually manifest over 2-3 months post-treatment, reducing fat in the targeted area by approximately 10-25%. If necessary, areas can be retreated in the future.
Candidates Unsuitable for Cryolipolysis:
- Cut, injured, or severely varicose skin areas
- Pregnancy, attempting pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- Chilblains or various inflammatory skin disorders
- Reduced circulation or skin sensation at the treatment site
- Nerve conditions like diabetic neuropathy
- Immune system-related skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis
- Recent injuries or scar tissues in the treatment area
- Long-term use of blood-thinning medications or bleeding disorders
- History of hernia or presence in or near the treatment area
- Active implanted medical devices like pacemakers
- Allergy to certain substances like propylene glycol or isopropyl alcohol
- Chronic pain or severe anxiety disorders
- Abnormal cold sensitivity or intolerance to cold
RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS
You can expect none or some of the following symptoms immediately after the procedure. These symptoms may persist for up to several weeks. Most patients have very mild or no symptoms at all but, as with any medical procedure, each patient experiences it uniquely. Symptoms always subside over time. The treated area may be red for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed. This is an expected but temporary effect.
- Bruising, swelling and tenderness can occur in the treated area. This typically resolves within a week or two.
- Nausea, tingling, stinging and cramping in the treatment area are possible on treatment day. You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation or itching sensitivity in the treated area.
- Numbness at the site is common, resolving over 1-3 weeks. There typically is minimal recovery time after Fat Freezing. You will be able to return to your normal daily routine immediately after the procedure.
- It is common for the treated area to feel bloated and to look swollen for the first three weeks after Fat Freezing. Compression tights such as yoga pants or Spanx may feel good to wear during this period.
- You may experience a temporary dulling of sensation or itching/tingling/off sensation that can last for several weeks.
- 4 to 10 days post Fat Freezing you may notice more intense sensations than during the first few days. This is due to the inflammatory response your body naturally mounts to remove the dead fat cells.
- Other common side effects but not limited to: deep itching, tingling, numbness, soreness, or tenderness to the touch, mild to moderate pain or aching in the treated area, cramping or muscle spasms, diarrhea, redness, firmness, pinching sensation, swelling, tenderness, bruising, stinging, tingling, skin sensitivity, a feeling of fullness in the throat after treatments involving the neck or chin region,
Additional less common side effects or rare complications that may occur after treatment which includes but not limited to:
- pain that starts several days after the treatment and usually resolves when numbness goes away, or after about a month
- scarring or changes to skin color
- reduced movement or response of the tongue following procedures involving the neck or chin
- lower lip muscle weakness following procedures involving the neck or chin
- reduced saliva production and dry mouth following procedures involving the chin or neck
- frostbite, or first- and second-degree freeze burns
- dizziness, light-headedness, sweating, painting, nausea, and flushing
- hyperpigmentation, or dark skin coloration that often resolves on its own
- subcutaneous induration, a generalized hardness or specific hard nodules that develop in the treated area and can be painful.
- abrupt and undesirable changes in fat layering
- A condition called paradoxical adipose hyperplasia:
In some very rare cases, fat cells respond to fat freezing by enlarging rather than dying. This condition is called paradoxical adipose hyperplasia (PAH). Researchers are not sure why PAH occurs, but most people who develop the condition are men. While PAH does not cause any symptoms aside from changing physical appearance. PAH requires corrective liposuction or other surgery to remove the enlarged fat cells.
When Do I Expect to See Results?
Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after Fat Freezing and you will experience the most dramatic results after two to three months. Your body will continue to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
Please ensure that you adhere to the following:
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours following your treatment. We also recommend that your intake of caffeine and alcohol over the 12 week period is in moderation as both of these toxins dehydrate your body
- Avoid warm/hot temperature environments such as sunbeds, steam rooms, saunas or hot tubs for 24 hours after treatment. You can however, bath or take a shower in luke warm water in the evening following your treatment.
- For 12 weeks following your treatment, you must drink at least 2 litres of water every day. This aids the ‘Flushing Out’ process of via your lymphatic system.
- Avoid the use of anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, naproxen and Celebrex for six weeks after the treatment. The inflammatory response in your body is the mechanism which removes the fat cells and inhibiting the body’s ability to mount a response may slow the progress of your result following Fat Freezing.
How Do I Maximise my Treatment Results?
Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help prevent this. Just like liposuction, Fat Freezing kills and eliminates fat cells from the treated area. If you are eating more calories than you are burning off through normal activity and exercise, the extra calories will be stored as fat in other locations in your body. This is the perfect time to evaluate your eating and exercise habits and to make changes if merited to optimize your result.
Schedule a follow-up assessment to review your clinical results and discuss the option of additional treatments to achieve desired outcome for this treatment site and other treatment sites.
EmShape stands as a non-invasive treatment that requires no recovery time or specific pre/post-treatment preparation. Utilizing High Intensity Pulsed Electromagnetic therapy, EmShape triggers muscle contractions of an intensity surpassing individual effort. Each 30-minute session administers up to 20,000 contractions, simulating the effect of 20,000 crunches/squats to fortify the inner core, sculpt abs, and tone glutes. These intense contractions engage muscles without relaxation, operating at maximum capacity, fostering muscle mass development in the treated area and concurrent fat burning.
EmShape yields outcomes akin to extensive gym sessions, building muscle and reducing fat. Visible improvements may surface within 2 to 6 weeks post-treatment, progressively enhancing in the subsequent months. Sustaining the effect necessitates a positive lifestyle with balanced nutrition and regular exercise.
The recommended protocol involves 8 x 30-minute sessions across approximately four weeks, scheduled two or three days apart for optimal results.
Potential Side Effects
Common side effects associated with EmShape treatment include soreness, pain, nerve-related sensations (inflammation, pain, damage), bruising, redness, numbness, tingling, discomfort, tenderness, headaches, nausea, stinging, and various sensations in the treated area. These effects are not exhaustive but encompass typical experiences reported after treatment.
Contraindications for the treatment encompass: