- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections. Please talk to your clinician before stopping any medications.
- Schedule your appointment at least 2 months prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Please do not smoke 2 days before and 2 weeks after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Arrive with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup.
- Do not schedule any dental work, including cleanings, 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- We always recommend using sunscreen to protect your skin as we will not perform the treatment on sunburnt skin. Please use care when in the sun and in the days prior to your appointment.
- Do not use PDO Thread Lift if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders.
- Redness, minimal to moderate swelling may be expected. Bruising may also be visible.
- It may be normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few days.
- It is common to feel a “firmness” in the treated area(s) after the first few days and weeks of the treatment. Over time, the area(s) will soften and “settle”, leaving you with a soft, natural looking result.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Do NOT manipulate or touch the treated area for 6 hours following treatment.
- Do NOT have any laser or facial after Anti-Wrinkle injections for at least 10 days.
- Do not pick at the tiny scab that will form at the entry point over the next few days. If it itches, hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip may be gently applied to the site, or an oral antihistamine such Benadryl can be taken.
- Do not apply skin care products/makeup for 24 hours post treatment
- You may begin wearing makeup once any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided and once your face has healed.
- Avoid MASSAGE the treated area(s) for 4 weeks. When cleansing your face or applying makeup, use gentle, sweeping motions to avoid excessive mobility of the area(s).
- Avoid bath (only shower), strenuous activities/sports for 1 week.
- Avoid Direct Heat, RF, Laser, IPL treatment for 4 weeks.
- AVOID excessive chewing, talking, yawning, smiling, and other facial movements of the treated area(s) for 1 week. You might occasionally feel a small pop to the area. That is OK, the thread is still setting in and it won’t cause any drop of facial structures.
- Keep your head elevated in several pillows for the first 3 nights after the procedure, avoid sleeping in the face down position if you can.
- You may take Panadol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort. AVOID aspirin or ibuprofen products as they may increase your potential to bruise.
- AVOID drinking alcohol for a minimum of 12 hours as this may contribute to bruising and/or swelling.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 40 or higher sunscreen.
- Additional Instructions: Call our office promptly if you experience ANY of the following signs and symptoms: Increasing pain, redness, swelling, significant bruising or darkening at or around the treatment area lasting over 5 days, notable change in temperature to the skin surrounding the treatment area, drainage or fever or ANY other concerns you may have.
Please call email us on [email protected] should you have any questions or concerns regarding your PDO Thread Lift treatment or aftercare.