It is normal for the area treated to have redness and swelling. It is uncommon for a blister or bruise to develop. Should you develop a blister, a topical antibiotic ointment such as polysporin can be used twice daily until it is healed. Ice packs should be avoided to maximize treatment results. Pain medication post treatment is not necessary.
- Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands prior to touching your face and body post treatment.
- A non-exfoliate cleaner and light moisturizer can be used the day of treatment.
- All skin irritants and active ingredients (glycolic/ salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products, or vitamin C) can be resumed 3 days post treatment
- Botox, Dysport, chemical peels, and dermal fillers can be resumed 1-3 week post your treatment
- Waxing, tweezing, and depilatory creams can be resumed 3 days post treatment.
Showering and Activities:
- It is okay to shower and cleanse the skin immediately after the procedure.
- Avoid hot tubs, hot baths, saunas, steam rooms and exercise post treatment. However, all other normal activity can be resumed.
Post treatment expectations:
- Your skin may appear flushed after the treatment, but typically fades within a few hours.
- It is not uncommon to experience swelling for up to a week following the procedure. Tingling, soreness, and tenderness to the touch for a few weeks following the procedure are not uncommon, and a normal part of the healing process.
- Small areas of bruising, welts, or numbness are also a normal side effect of this procedure and will resolve in a matter of days to weeks.
- The skin will continue to improve over the next 120+ days as cellular regeneration, lifting and toning continues to take place.