- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections. Please talk to your clinician before stopping any medications.
- Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Anti-Wrinkle injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Anti-wrinkle product is a prescription muscle relaxant medicine and is used to treat a number of conditions within the body. It works by partially blocking nerve impulses and the effect depends upon where it is injected. If injected into a muscle, it will reduce excessive contractions of that muscle. This treatment lasts for approximately 3-4 months but will vary depending on the quantity used and of course, on the individual.
Following your anti-wrinkle treatment, the following items may be helpful to know:
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Treatment normally takes 2-4 days to start to take effect. 10-14 days to reach full effect
- Do NOT manipulate or touch the treated area for 6 hours following treatment.
- Do NOT have any laser or facial after Anti-Wrinkle injections for at least 10 days.
- Do NOT lie down for 4-6 hours after your Anti-Wrinkle injections treatment. This will prevent the Anti-Wrinkle injections from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
- It can take approximately 14 days to see the results. If you feel that you do not have the desired result, you may need additional Anti-Wrinkle injections. You are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 12 hours after treatment while the Anti-Wrinkle injections is settling in the injected area.
- Do not expose your skin to excessive heat or cold including saunas, spas, steam rooms, hot yoga, ice baths or skiing. Changes in temperature can lead to you touching or rubbing your face more which can put unwanted pressure on the treated muscles, risking dispersion of the protein into unwanted areas
It is not unusual to experience some mild side effects following Anti-Wrinkle injections such as:
- Mild swelling at or around the injection site
- Mild tenderness or bruising at or around the injection site
- Tiny red dots at the injection site
- You may experience a mild headache after treatment. Paracetamol may be taken if required.
- If you do experience bruising, minimise excessive exercise in the first couple of days following treatment
- If you feel unwell or are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, contact the clinic.
Anti-wrinkle and dermal filler treatments gives amazing results. However, it is important to note that due to the subjective nature of these treatments, it is not possible to guarantee results and there are limitations depending on your personal anatomy. As these treatments are non-permanent, the longevity of treatment results may vary between individuals depending on how your body metabolises the product.
After your initial treatment, you will generally be invited to attend a follow-up appointment approximately 2-4 weeks after your treatment. This enables us to assess the result and whether you need more product for correction. There are instances where one side will take effect quickly than the other, the other side then catches up over those 4 weeks as the maximal effect continues to build up to 4 weeks.
What happens over the next few months after treatment?
- At 8 weeks post treatment, you will start to get more movement back.
- At 12 weeks after treatment, most people find that their movement is 50% back to normal
- At 16 weeks after treatment, most people find that their movement is 80% back to normal.
- Retreatment is advised every 3-4 months to maintain results.